- Initiation, Formulation and Implementation of Physical Planning, Urban Development and Urban Renewal Policies and Programmes
- Preparation of Regional, Master, Model City Plans, Action and Development plans for Excised Villages.
- Granting of approval and Monitoring of Layouts and Development Schemes for both Government and Private Estates.
- Evaluation, Relocation and Regulation of Urban based Developments and Activities - Filling Stations, Banks, Eateries, Institutions & Informal Sectors.
- Supervision of :
- Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority - Granting of Development Permits.
- Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency - Urban Renewal and Regeneration.
- Lagos State Building Control Agency - Development Control and Removal of Illegal Structure.
Overview of the Ministry's Activities
- Preparation and Review of various development plans:
- Urban Regeneration: Isale Gangan, Resettlement of Saw Millers from Oko-Baba to Agbowa-Ikosi, Relocation of Computer Village Ikeja to Katangowa, Relocation of Mile 12 Market to Parafa Ikorodu, Redevelopment of LASURA premises, Princess Street, Old Aroya Street and Anikantamo Street (Isalegangan Phase II) and Dolphin Estate Phases I-IV, Adeniji Adele.
- Delivery of Right of Way alignment for existing and proposed Roads such as Lot 2A Lagos - Badagry 10 -lane Road Expansion and Light Rail Project, Lagos Coastal Road, Mile 12-Ikorodu Road BRT Expansion Project, Removal of encumbrance along Eric Moore Road at Costain, Ebute-Meta Lagos, Removal of encumbrance along Adisa Ajibulu Street, Oshodi Lagos Creating leeway for infrastructure provision i.e. Cable Car
- Site selection for various uses such as Event Centers, Places of worship, Eateries, Categories of Petrol filling Station (PFS) Granting Planning Information in respect of proposed development
- Granting approval and monitoring of layouts/private estate developers Scheme for compliance such as Layout for Creek View Estate, Ogudu Foreshore Scheme and preparation of development plans for excised villages such as Awoyaya
- Development control, monitoring and auditing of physical developments; Identification, Removal and Publication of distressed buildings - Stage Certification
- Human Resource Development and Capacity Building
- Synergizing with other MDAs.
- Creating public awareness, engaging stakeholders in planning and development process and rendering technical advisory services.
- Improved Service Delivery: One – shop Saturday Service
Review of VI/Ikoyi Model City Plan, Agege/Ifako Ijaye, Kosofe, Apapa, Lagos Island West and Lagos Island East