Lagos State Physical Planning and Permit Authority (LASPPPA)
The Lagos State Physical Planning and Permit Authority (LASPPPA) previously known as Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning Board (LASURPB) was established on 28 April 1998 by virtue of the State Edit No. 2 of 1998 as amended by the Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law 2005. LASPPPA Agency is in charge of planning permit.
Prior to the establishment of the Authority, development control activities were carried out by the Development Control Department of the Ministry. The Statutory Functions Include;
1. Processing and issuance of planning permit in the State.
2. Design, develop, and deployment of electronic planning permit.
3. Monitoring compliance with approved and operative physical development plans, various Approval Orders and Regulations;
4. Establishment of District Town Planning Offices and Local Planning Offices with the express approval of the Governor acting through the Honourable Commissioner for the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.
5. Operational control and supervision of District Town Planning Offices and Local Planning Offices.
6. Preparation and periodic review of District Plans, Town Plans, Local Plans, Development Guide and Plans For excised villages.
7. Publication in the official Lagos State Government Gazette of Building Plans, approved, rejected and/or withdrawn.
The importance of physical Development Plans is multifarious and multidimensional. It is a scheme, design, spatial order and guide, towards the realization of collective dreams, ideas, proposals and vision both now and in the foreseeable future.
Development Plans are in hierarchical order as follows:
1. State Regional Plan
2. Sub Regional Plan / Master Plan (Model City Plan)
3. District Plan
4. Action Plan
5. Local Plan
6. Subject Plan